In some environment, users steal data with the help of external devices such as flash drive.This theft can be prevented by using following methods with the help of Local group policy editor.
- Type run in start menu, run dialog box appears .
- Type gpedit.msc in run dialog box and click ok.
- It opens Local group policy editor.
- Select–> computer configuration –> administrative templates—> All settings in Local group policy editor.
- Right click–> All removable storage classes in all settings–> edit.
- Select enable option to deny access to any removable storage devices which includes Pen drive, card reader, dvd drive and other external storage devices.
- If you disable or do not configure this policy setting, write and read accesses are allowed to all removable storage classes.
- This option enables admin to prevent unauthorized access to external storage devices. Specific advantage of this method is that it does not affect usb support to mouse , keyboard ,printer and web camera.
Hope it helps everyone who needs security………….!!
===========================> anto <==========================